Stop Smoking Start Vaping - With Let's Vape Manchester
What are e-cigarettes and how do they work?
An e-cigarette is a device that allows you to inhale nicotine in a vapour rather than smoke.
E-cigarettes do not burn tobacco and do not produce tar or carbon monoxide, two of the most damaging elements in tobacco smoke.
They work by heating a liquid that typically contains nicotine, propylene glycol and/or vegetable glycerine, and flavourings.
Using an e-cigarette is known as vaping.
What types of e-cigarette are there?
There are a variety of models available:
- Cigalikes look similar to tobacco cigarettes and can be disposable or rechargeable.
- Vape pens are shaped like a pen or small tube, with a tank to store e-liquid, replaceable coils and rechargeable batteries.
- Pod systems are compact rechargeable devices, often shaped like a USB stick or a pebble, with e-liquid capsules.
- Mods come in different shapes and sizes, but are generally the largest e-cigarette devices. They have a refillable tank, longer lasting rechargeable batteries, and variable power.
How do I choose the right e-cigarette for me?
A rechargeable e-cigarette with a refillable tank delivers nicotine more effectively and quickly than a disposable model and is likely to give you a better chance of quitting smoking.
- If you're a lighter smoker, you could try a cigalike, vape pen or pod system.
- If you're a heavier smoker, it's advisable to try a vape pen, pod system or mod.
- It's also important to choose the right strength of e-liquid to satisfy your needs.
Our specialist vape store can help you find the right device and liquid. Since 2018, our customers have come from across Manchester, Salford, Deansgate, Castlefield, Ancoats & New Islington for all their vaping needs.
How safe are e-cigarettes?
In the UK, e-cigarettes are tightly regulated for safety and quality. They're not completely risk free, but they carry a small fraction of the risk of cigarettes.
E-cigarettes do not produce tar or carbon monoxide, two of the most harmful elements in tobacco smoke.
The liquid and vapour contain some potentially harmful chemicals also found in cigarette smoke, but at much lower levels.
Is e-cigarette vapour harmful to others?
There's no evidence so far that vaping causes harm to other people around you.
This is in contrast to secondhand smoke from smoking, which is known to be very harmful to health.
STOP SMOKING START VAPINGFind out more
Need advice from the experts?Find out more